Back to Bristol

The next day, Friday, I worked half a day, then went and got Bellamy and headed back over to Bristol.  We had a nice little ride over, considering the circumstances.  Once we got there, she was so glad to get out of the car!  We unloaded and headed in to visit with Debra, Meris and her girls, Kylia, and Terah and Duncan.

Once we got inside Meris had mentioned how Brittyn was running a little fever and that she needed to run to the store and get some medicine.  Bellamy was doing fine playing with her cousins, so I thought nothing of going to the store to pick up something I needed too.  Poor decision on my part.  Meris and I pulled back in the driveway and Kylia and Debra had Bellamy walking in the yard and she was crying her little eyes out.  It was horrible.  It was almost like that hyperventilating cry.  So I grabbed her up and got her calmed down.  From that point on, I couldn't go anywhere without her...to the bathroom, into another room...nowhere!  Here she is looking REALLY sad after we got back.  I tell you what, it about broke my heart.
After she settled down, she started acting hungry.  So I rummaged through the house and found some chicken and dumplings.  Debra's dumplings are awesome, so I thought for sure she would eat them!!  So I get them heated up and ready to go and we sit down to eat.  The first few bites went down easily, then she got antsy and decided to get down.  I would feed her a few bites here and there as she entertained anybody that would watch her.  Finally she got full (or tired of it!) and started swinging...just as I was giving her a bite.  Her little hand hit the spoon and the bowl and the dumplings went flying...ALL.OVER.MY.LEG!  When it happened, I just sat there and she started laughing.  Next thing I know, she starts eating the dumplings off my leg!  What a crazy little girl!
After a while of playing, with NO nap, I decided it was time to head home.  We stopped by and visited Ms. Nancy Grantham, but Bellamy was done!  So we loaded up and hit the road.  She was asleep before we even hit the fire tower, just outside of Bristol. 
I sure did have fun with my little girl!  I know this is going to sound so selfish, but I LOVE it when she only wants her mommy!  Sure it gets hard to go to the bathroom holding a one year old on your lap, but when she just clings to you, it seems to make everything right.  I love this little girl with all my heart.  Just seeing her sweet little face puts a big smile on mine!  I love you B!

No comments:

Post a Comment