Christmas Eve

Since we've been married, Drew and I have just split up our holidays. One year we will do Thanksgiving with my family and then Christmas with his and vice-versa! This year it was Christmas with the Shuler's! So Christmas Eve we loaded up and headed to Hosford!

I absolutely LOVE Christmas time! There's nothing better than spending time with family, the best desserts known to man, and watching a big fireworks show! This year, we had all of that crammed into one night! After we partook of the good food, we headed outside with Bellamy to watch fireworks. I was scared that she was going to be scared, but she just sat there like it was nothing!


After the fireworks display we had a special visitor drop in...Santa!! Bellamy had already sat on Santa's lap at the mall, so she was quiet familiar with him! When Drew took her up to him, she went immediately for the beard! Then we took the opportunity to get a little family shot with Old Saint Nick!





Next up on our night of festivities was Christmas singing! This is something we've done for the past several years and it's always a ton of fun! I'm not a singer by any means, but I'll belt out some Christmas tunes! Bellamy on the other hand wanted nothing to do with the singing, instead she buddied up with Cannon and went for a ride! He put her in a little doll stroller and rode her around the big room several times and she had a blast! She was very disappointed when she had to get out!


After singing we always head in and read the story of Jesus' birth. I love that tradition. It helps me to take a step back and remember why we are celebrating. It's not the food or the presents, it's he birth of our Savior, the true meaning of Christmas.

After the story is read, the kids get super excited...they know that next comes the presents! Not all the presents, just the ones for them from their aunts/uncles/cousins! Just like at her birthday, Bellamy had no use for presents! That didn't mean that I didn't have fun opening them!!

When everything was semi-cleaned up (sorry Rhett and Leena!), we loaded up and headed home! Bellamy was so pooped! I think she made it to highway 20 and then passed out!


We had such a fun time with the Shuler family this year! Can't wait to do it again...in 2 years!!

No comments:

Post a Comment