Temple Trip

The first weekend in August our branch planned a temple trip to Orlando.  Since I'm in the Young Women's presidency and Drew is in the branch presidency, we both felt like we needed to go, but we didn't want Bellamy to be miserable...thus making both of us miserable!  So we decided that only one of us would go and the other would stay home with Bellamy.  Now that posed another problem...who would get to go and who would stay?!  The whole week we went back and forth, but never could come to a decision.  So we both decided not to go.

Friday rolls around and Drew ended up waking up at about 3:00 that morning, just out of pure bad luck.  When I woke up at 4:00, I went out to the family room where he was laying on the couch and started hurling his plan at me...we were all going to go!  I was completely fine with that, but that meant I needed to get ready for work AND pack all before I had to leave...for at least me and Bellamy!  It worked out and we still left on time for Tallahassee!

Once we got to Tallahassee, I was telling Ms. Nancy how I may come get her earlier today because we were going to Orlando and she advised me that Beth and Chris and their girls were going down to Orlando too! Maybe everything was going to work out after all...it always seems to!

Bellamy did so good on the drive down!  We only had to stop once for dinner and then we got back on the road.  Once we got to Orlando, we noticed that there was a giant man with a soccer ball near our hotel room and Bellamy was fascinated.  So we had to go meet the "big man".  Also while we were there, we did a lot of relaxing in the room and went to eat at Applebee's (or something like it!).  While we were at the restaurant, a balloon man came around and made Bellamy a balloon monkey.  She was so excited!!
And of course while we were down there, we went to the temple!  Beth and Chris went in the morning and we kept their girls and then Drew and I went in the afternoon while they kept Bellamy for us.  It was so nice to go back to the temple.  I'm ashamed to say how long it's been since we last went, so I'll keep that to myself!  But it was very nice and made us both want to go back again...and a lot sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment