We started off at Wal-Mart, because who can start a weekend off without going there...2 days in a row. Anyway, this year they had a Santa display near the photo center and they would take your picture with Santa and you could get a free 5x7. What a treat! Drew had gone up there the weekend before with Bellamy and she didn't want anything to do with Santa. This was a far cry from last year...and the Easter Bunny from earlier this year. So I decided to try and take her back up there. Before I even sat her on Santa's lap, she broke in to tears! I swooped her and sat down with her next to Santa and she seemed to do a little better. Here is our little photo.
Everyday now I try to coax her into sitting on Santa's lap! I'll ask her who we are going to see and tell her to say Santa. Then I'll ask if she wants to go see Santa. It started out with a scared face and saying no, now it's turning into curious face! Hopefully she'll sit on his lap when we take her to the mall on her birthday!
After we left Wal-Mart, we headed to the Winn Dixie parking lot to pick us out a tree from the Boy Scouts. I've never been a fan of real Christmas trees because I like to put my tree up in September (just to beat Kylia!), but now that I have a kid, I really don't feel like saying "No, No" a million times a day. So last year I succumbed...and we got a real tree. And it wasn't bad. So back to the tree farm we went!
Once we got there Drew showed Bellamy a fuzzy caterpillar. And then expected her not to touch it. Silly daddy!
So into the farm we went! Here's Bellamy helping us pick out the perfect tree! How about this one?
Or maybe this one?
Or we could just take this stump...here, I got it!
Fine, I'll settle for this pretty branch that's perfect for me!
Once we got home, we unloaded the tree and put Bellamy down for a much needed nap! When she got up, it was time for family Christmas pictures with Kathy. Here's a few of my favorites!
Ok...so that's definitely more than a few, but these are my favorites! Anyway, Kathy has a daughter named Kennedy and she absolutely LOVED carrying Bellamy! She would carry her from place to place! Here they are posing!
I almost think Bellamy weighs more then Kennedy! After Bellamy endured the photo shoot, we just had to let her run and play. So she and Kennedy headed straight for the trampoline!
No comments:
Post a Comment