Once we got everything packed and hit the road, we arrived at our destination, beautiful St. George Island! We were all dressed in our swimwear, ready to soak up some sunshine! Once we got Bellamy down to the water, it was hard to keep her up on the shore until we got everything unloaded and spread out. When she was finally able to get in, she was shrieking in pure delight!
While she was eating her snack, she kept wandering down to the water. Not really, but in these pictures, it sure looks like she's going in without us! But that wasn't the case!
Thankfully she never went far...not that I EVER let her out of my sight anyway! She had fun though, she would always turn around and look at us and run a little further! This kid has no fear. However, once she realized her spoon was empty again, she headed back to the blanket, looking just as cute as ever!
These next two pictures are probably my favorite from the whole day. They definitely capture how excited she was to be at the beach!
Once we finished our snacks, she found her pail and shovel and headed over to play in the sand. She had so much fun playing in the sand and especially when she would just pour it on herself!
After one last dip in the ocean, it was time to bid farewell! Drew took her in for one more rinse off, so I decided to chronicle that moment!
Then I caught these next two little shots of her...
She sure did have a blast and was BEAT on the way home! If I'm not mistaking, she was asleep before we even got off the island!
By the time we hit Highway 98 near Crawfordville, she was waking up. I love when she first wakes up! She always has a very sleepy face, then it changes in to a scrunched up smile...it's adorable, have a look!As we got home and unpacked, she was still super tired. She found her pillows, put them on the floor and decided to rest her pretty little head!
That didn't last too long though! Before we knew it she was up and running again!
We sure did have an awesome time at the beach! I'm usually not a beach person, but I think seeing her have so much fun made me want to go back...ASAP! Hopefully we can make this somewhat of a regular Saturday activity! Anything to make my baby smile!
No comments:
Post a Comment