After the Easter bunny incident, we headed over to the Vass' to meet up with our friends, the Turners. Meet Dave and Fernanda Turner, and little Mikayla too, but she somehow didn't show up in this picture!
Dave and Drew served a mission together in Argentina back in the old days (1993-1995!), and they've been pretty good about keeping in touch with one another. I actually met Dave before I met Drew because he came to watch me cheer in high school when he was hanging out with my sister. Interesting what a small world we live in! Dave and his family currently live in Fort Benning and decided to make a day trip for a get together.
We started out the day-o-fun by meeting at the Vass' and just catching up. After a while we hit up AJ Henry Park to let the kids play and see the turtles, and for the adults to soak up some sunshine. We had a blast! Bellamy loves the swings, so we started her out on there and then I noticed a slide, so I took her down that as well! And boy was there some major electricity on that thing...just look at our hair standing up on end!
After we had our fill of the swings and the slide (I was tired of getting shocked!), we took a walk down to the water. You couldn't really see the turtles from where we were, so the little ones weren't too interested. There was however a little family fishing off the dock and they just so happened to have a cooler with some shiners and shrimp in there. One of the little girls opened it up to show Bellamy and Mikayla and Bellamy went wild! All she wanted to do was reach in and grab those little things! They kept trying to tell me that the water was clean, but I know my little girl! And I know that if it goes in her hand, it's 100% likely to go in her mouth! So I swooped her up and tried to distract her, but that didn't work! She kept going right back for more!
After we left the park we headed back to start dinner. We had a good little spread of hamburgers, hotdogs, chips, baked beans, and key lime pie, which was all super yummy! Once we got finished eating, we chatted a little bit more and then it was time to say goodbye. Before doing so though, we headed outside to snap some pictures of everybody together. I caught Bellamy and Mikayla playing with the dog, which was super cute!
Next up we posed with the Turner family...
And then Mr. Lee and Ms. Nancy took their turn with them too!
We sure had a good time with them! Their little girl was super cute and she and Bellamy played pretty good together! We're so thankful for Dave and all our other servicemen and women that fight for our freedoms everyday. Hopefully we will take advantage of them living so "close", because soon they leave for Honduras!
No comments:
Post a Comment