The Good, The Bad, and The Easter Bunny

On Saturday we had some friends coming in from out of town, so we headed to Tallahassee to meet up with them.  On our way up we decided we were going to drop by the mall and go see the Easter Bunny.  Last year, Bellamy did so good sitting on his lap, but then again she was only about 4 months old.  So we didn't quiet know what to expect this year!

As we walked out of Dillards and saw the bunny display, Bellamy immediately got excited!  But since we had her strapped into her stroller, there wasn't much she could do!  After just a few minutes of standing in line (she couldn't see anything at this point), she became bored and wanted to go walk around.  So Drew got her out and they walked around while I held our place in line.  Finally it was our turn next, and by this point they had walked back over to me.  Once Bellamy saw the Easter Bunny...it was over!  She zoomed right past me and went to see the bunny!

Once she got over to her (her name was Daisy!) she immediately started waving at her, playing patty-cake, playing the itsy-bitsy spider, tickling her feet, and blowing kisses.  It was so precious, so we decided to not only document with pictures, but a video as well!

Here is her official Easter 2012 picture with Ms. Daisy...
She had so much fun playing with Ms. Daisy!  Then it came time for the next kids turn.  This is where it turned ugly.  Bellamy's feelings were hurt that she had to tell the bunny goodbye.  Drew took her and she started screaming.  Not just crying, screaming.  You know, that hyperventilating scream/cry she gets when she's REALLY upset...yeah, that one...times 10.  So he puts her down and she wanders back over to where I'm standing waiting on our pictures.
It quickly went from bad to worse.  Drew came and swooped her up and she went to wailing again.  It was so sad, but at the same time it was so totally precious and sweet.


After several minutes, he took her up the escalator and she calmed down.  By the time they came back down, I had the pictures and we were ready to go.  She reached for me, so I took her and we headed out.  As we walked by the bunny (I know, don't say it or think it, I already feel horrible before I even write it...), I said, "Bellamy, tell Daisy bye-bye."  And that set her off again.  I know, I should've just walked right by, hard lesson learned.  So here we are now, walking (running!) through Dillards with a screaming child and I can just feel EVERY.BODY staring at me, like, "What did she do to that poor child?!".  When we FINALLY made it out to the garage (which felt like forever!), she had calmed down again.  Drew decided to document her sad face on video and this was that result...
It was so sad.  When he mentioned the word "Easter bunny", she started crying.  Bless her broken little heart.  I know that we will never forget this day!  It was so cute to watch how she just couldn't wait to go see the bunny, when most of the kids in line were scared to death.  And then she had the complete opposite reaction when she had to leave, that's when she decided to have her meltdown!  Even still, Mommy and Daddy love you so much and we are still glad we took you to see Ms. Daisy!

No comments:

Post a Comment