The Bad Mood Continues...

Tuesday morning finally rolled around.  After waking up and realizing that Bellamy was still asleep, I worked up the courage to call Mr. Jackson and apologize.  He was so nice and understanding and said that everything was fine.  Shortly after that, I got a call from Drew telling me that Daniel had set us up with a rental car and we could go pick it up in the afternoon.  Since I was home with Bellamy, I wanted to go ahead and go get it so that I could keep her on her schedule, especially since she had had a whirlwind of a weekend.  So he called and talked to Daniel and I got ready and headed out the door.

On our way to Tallahassee, I got this super cute picture of Bellamy.  She loves her bear, so it was only fitting that he be in the picture as well!
Once we got to Tallahassee, I met Mr. Lee at the Vass house and we headed over to Enterprise.  Here's where my bad mood flared up again.  I walked in to get my rental and the lady said, "Oh, I'm sorry.  Your car isn't going to be ready for pickup until 12:30."  What, that means I have to wait another 3 hours?  You've got to be kidding me.  Then she explained how it was spring break and the legislative session was in...blah, blah, blah.  So we get back in the car and head back to the Vass house.  When we got back, I called and complained (of course!) to Drew and just settled in for the long haul.  I did get some super cute pictures of our little girl while we waited, though!
 "Smile for Daddy!"
 Catching some rays!
Well, 12:30 rolls around and I call Enterprise.  Still no car and they said it would be AT LEAST ANOTHER HOUR.  What?!  Here I am with a 1 year old that needs a nap just sitting around Tallahassee.  And as bad as I wanted to put Bellamy down for a nap, I knew that as soon as I did, they would call and tell me it was ready.  So I wait.  They asked if I had any special request or anything and I jokingly said "No mini van, no station wagon", but I really meant it!  1:30 comes and goes and I call again...still no car.  This is ridiculous.  I ended up calling Daniel and he couldn't do anything either (by the way, this guy probably HATES us at this point!).  Finally 2:30 rolls around and they call to say they have a car ready.  So we pack up and head back over.

As we pull out on Centerville Road heading to Enterprise, I look in the back seat and Bellamy is KNOCKED OUT!  She was so tired!  So we pull into Enterprise and I get out.  They tell me that my car is being washed and will be ready soon.  So I wait, again, rather impatiently.  Next thing I know, my car pulls around.  Lo and behold, it is a Chevy HHR...A STATION WAGON.  My worst nightmare and the one request I had.  Whatever, at this point, I was ready to get me and my little girl home.  So I took it and sped off.  I almost felt like Jerry in an episode of Seinfeld when they asked if he wanted the insurance and he told them that he did because he was going to beat the mess out of that car!

Once I got out on the road I called Drew to complain...again.  I know, get it over it, but I was mad.  My whole day had been WASTED.  When I got finished complaining to him, I didn't seem to be done.  I kept right on going, just yelling at the car, all while Bellamy slept in the back.  I yelled about how they had wasted my day, had made Bellamy miss her nap, had given me a crappy car, and how if you give them a nice car to work on, they should have to give you one of AT LEAST equal value.  Once I stopped complaining, I felt like a complete idiot.  I was being nothing but a spoiled, rotten brat.  Here I was lucky enough to be able to get my car fixed under warranty (little to no out-of-pocket money on our end) and I was lucky enough to be able to get a rental car...for free.  But all I could think about was the look of the car.  What a brat.  Anyone care for some humble pie?  I ate some, and it wasn't that good.

As we pull into the driveway, Bellamy woke up and she wasn't too happy.  She hadn't gotten a long enough nap and I'm sure it wasn't the most comfortable strapped in a car seat.  Anyway, we get home and start playing.  She immediately found her blanket and got so excited that she got all wrapped up in it!
 
Shortly after we got home, so did Drew.  When he was getting close to the house, I had him give me a call so Bellamy could go outside and meet him.  Once she got outside she went straight for the puppies next door!  Anytime she's outside, she always goes over to say hi!  It was so cute watching her with them.  This one licked her finger and she looked at me surprised.  Could it be because the "puppy" she had been playing with earlier didn't move?!?!
After what turned in to a fiasco of a day, it finally drew to a close.  We got the car situation taken care of, everybody was home safe and sound and humble pie had been shared all around!  I know this was a long post, but hopefully writing it out will help me remember how trials help make us stronger.  No this wasn't some huge test, but I did learn a lot from it.  I learned that I have been blessed WAY more then I deserve.  I have a loving husband, a healthy, beautiful little girl, the best family a girl could ask for, and so many materialistic "values" that others would kill for.  I hope that I may always remember these things and not take foregranted those things that I have been blessed with.

No comments:

Post a Comment