Another First...

And one that BROKE our hearts.

After we got home on Wednesday, we did our usual routine; diaper change, dinner, and then playtime.  Bellamy was having fun with her toys and books on the floor and Drew and I had jumped up on the couch to look at something.  As Bellamy was heading our way she got distracted, which is nothing new, and bent down by the coffee table to pick up a book.  When she bent down, she hit her little lip and went to wailing.  At first we just thought she hit her head, but then we looked and saw blood.  I.ALMOST.LOST.IT.  Somehow, though, I pulled it together, took her from Drew and we started to sing Frosty the Snowman and gave her a cold teething ring to help soothe her.



Luckily she didn't cry for long and was back playing again shortly.  I know that this is just one of the many times that she will get bumped, bruised, or bloody, but the first time it happens is like no other.  I'm just glad we have us a strong, healthy little girl.  Here's hoping she will always be this resilient!

No comments:

Post a Comment