So Friday rolled around and we did the same routine as we had in the past. I dropped her off at Nana and Pops and I called the doctor. After talking to the nurse and giving her information again, she said she would talk to the doctor and call me back. After talking to the doctor...NOTHING. They would see me, but they said there was nothing they could do and I would just need to go see a dermatologist. I couldn't, no WOULDN'T, wait until Monday, so I did the only other thing I could think of. I called Urgent Care and scheduled her an appointment.
Once I picked up Bellamy, we headed straight to Urgent Care. After we checked in, Bellamy became Ms. Personality! She was just waving and talking to everybody! She would even walk up to people and put her hand on their legs and just giggle! I'm sure they were all wondering what we were doing there because she nor I looked sick at all!
After walking around the lobby several times, it was finally our turn to go back! We get into our room and the nurse starts talking to Bellamy. Bellamy must've sensed what was going on because she immediately became very clingy! Next, the nurse tried to take her blood pressure using one of those little finger monitors. Bellamy was not having this! That poor little baby broke out into a full blown sweat in about 10 seconds flat! So getting he blood pressure was a bust! Next up was her temperature...you can imagine she screamed for that one too. Poor thing! Here she is just a few minutes after the above debacle! You can see her hair is drenched with sweat and she is NOT happy!

When the nurse got what she needed, rather what she could, she left us and went to get the doctor. Now it was just a waiting game! Have you ever tried to entertain a 1 year old in a tiny room with no toys?! Thankfully I didn't have to do much because Bellamy perked up and was walking all around the room...with just a shirt on!
Finally the doctor came in, gave us the once over and said plainly, "That's not a yeast infection, that looks like strep." How simple. Why couldn't my doctor say that? So she took a culture and wrote me a prescription and told me to wait for a few more minutes. So we waited again...this time, happily! Now Bellamy was really excited because she was dressed and ready to go!

The doctor came back, gave us our prescription and final instructions and let us go! You can guess that I headed straight to CVS, got her medicine and got started right when we got home! After I administered the first dose, she ate lunch and took a nap. When she got up, she was happy as could be! Even when it was time to change her diaper, she fought me, but not screaming like she had been! What a relief!


Hopefully we've gotten a handle on whatever mess had invaded her little body! Only time will tell, I guess!
**Update: Bellamy's strep test came back negative, BUT that medicine finally knocked out whatever it was! She is now back to her happy little self!**
Poor Baby Belz! So glad she's feeling better though!
ReplyDelete