Another First!

Back in January we made an overnight trip to Orlando to attend the temple. For a while we had been avoiding overnight trips because we didn't know how Bellamy would do outside of her normal surroundings. Sounds dumb, I know, but when you have a GOOD sleeper, you don't want to do anything to chance messing that up! But we finally took the plunge!

On Friday, January 13th we loaded up and headed down. She did so good on the ride down, we only had to stop once for food! She did get a little fussy, but I would just climb into the back seat and play with her and she would be fine!

We pulled into the hotel around 9:30 that night and she was pretty tired. When she gets really tired, she will act one of two ways...go to sleep fast or get like her daddy and be wired for who knows how long! So here was our first test! We unpack and then Bellamy and I run downstairs to see Meris and her girls. After visiting for a few minutes we head back to our room for bedtime. I had them bring in a pack-and-play for our room, so it was there when we got there. We get Bellamy bathed and fed and then put her down with her blanket. NOT A PEEP!! She rolled over, took her fingers, and drifted off to dreamland!





She slept all through the night just like she was in her own crib! The next morning when we woke her up, she was happy as could be! We got her diaper changed and then headed down for some good breakfast! (**sorry I look bad...I didn't want to be in this picture but Drew and the waitress would not leave me alone!)





So I fix my plate (Bellamy's!) and we sit down to eat. I know I've said time and time again how much Bellamy loves food! Today was no different! She ate some oatmeal, watermelon, strawberries, and probably some of Drew's food as well!





After breakfast it was time to head back to the room and get dressed. Bellamy had so much fun playing in the hotel room, and especially playing with the little duck the hotel staff had waiting for her (which I completely forgot...bad mom!).

Now we won't be scared to take her overnight somewhere! Hopefully ALL our trips will be this easy...but not his short!

No comments:

Post a Comment