So I don't have any pictures to post on this entry (boo!), but I did want to make sure I documented what we did for New Years Eve 2011.
For starters, we just hung around the house most of the day and took care of some chores. Chores are NEVER fun, but in doing them, we get to reward ourselves with something fun!
So after our chores, we decided to head up to Tallahassee to see if we could find any shopping deals. Once we got up there we decided it was getting pretty late, so we would just go eat instead! We started out at Teds Montana Grill, but with an hour wait time (and a baby!), we decided that was too long! So we load back up and start calling around town to see if anybody is doing reservations or call aheads. But of course, since it was New Years Eve, we were just going to have to wait it out with everybody else!
So to Marie Livingstons we went! It was a good 45 minute wait, but it was well worth it! Drew got steak and shrimp, I got shrimp with veggies (we both got side salads), and Bellamy got a combination of the two! We had a blast playing outside, looking at the lights, and doing anything we could to entertain a 1 year old while we waited for a table!
After dinner we went over to Meris' and hung out there for a little while before heading home. Once we got home, Bellamy was pooped so she went straight to bed while Drew and I sat up to watch the ball drop. As we were waiting, we drank some sparkling grape juice and shared a piece of key like pie. I guess we were so engrossed in our juice and pie that we didn't realize the ball had dropped! So we shared our New Years kiss and then headed off to bed!
How exciting, right?!?!
You made it longer than we did...we were out by 10:30...you young people have so much more energy than us old folk!
ReplyDelete