Going Home

Well, we checked out of the hospital on Thursday, December 16, 2010.  Meris and Garet showed up a little before we were checking out and helped us pack up and head out.  Truthfully, I was a little nervous!  For the first two days, we had nurses and family at our beck and call...now we had to leave and it was going to be just the three of us!  Apparently Bellamy was scared too...

She did eventually calm down after the initial locking of the car seat...
                                    
After we left the hospital, I did like I always do...sat in the front seat while Drew drove.  This proved to be a poor decision on my part!  We pulled out of the parking garage and Bellamy went to howling!  Of course I wanted to jump back there, but there was no place to sit!  We decided to let her calm herself down, but that never happend.  We eventually ended up pulling into the KMart parking lot and rearranging the car so that I could sit in the back.  What a great idea...she was asleep in about 10 minutes!
We arrived home and began unloading the car.  As I opened the front door, I noticed a huge sign on my wall...
What a great surprise!  Meris and Leah Nettles made this for Bellamy and Joey was sweet enough to come hang it up for us.  I knew Meris was up to something while we were in the hospital because she called and asked me for a key to my house (which she already had) to drop off some "food" that somebody had given her for us!  Once we finally got unloaded, Drew took one of the balloons from Bellamy's goodies and went and put it on the mailbox.  I don't think it stayed too long...it came untied and Drew found it a little ways down the road and put it up again!
                                    
Later that night, Nana and Pop came over and brought us dinner and Terah and Duncan came over to visit.  I needed something from Wal-Mart so Terah said she would go with me...I can't believe I left my child the night we came home!  I think I called Drew 2-3 times in the 20 minutes we were gone!  What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment