Carving Jack

For FHE on Tuesday, we decided to carve out pumpkin. I know, there are two things wrong with this sentence. 1. FHE is supposed to be held on Mondays...we do what we have to do! 2. Carving your pumpkin the DAY BEFORE Halloween is probably not the smartest thing to do...again, we do what we have to do!

I digress! Drew sat down with Jack and got his face all ready and then scalped him! Bellamy had fun walking around with the top and taking a few bites!











Eventually she got courageous and went for the inside!











After Drew got it ready, I had to step in and take over because he was not moving fast enough for me! So I dug in! Bellamy kept laughing and saying "what's moony doing?!"! After I dug out some guts, as Drew told her to call them, I let her have a sample! She loved it! Everytime we looked over she had some pumpkin in her hand or on the big spoon!




















As we were carving out his face, Drew took this picture. I don't do pictures, but I read a story online that talked about how moms need to get in the picture, rather than just taking pictures...so I'm trying to do better...even though I look horrible!


Bellamy capped off the night with some fruit, which she thoroughly enjoyed!


After we got Jack all carved out, we headed outside to light him up. She was a little impressed, but it didn't hold her attention for too long! She immediately started looking for "froggy" and took off running! And unfortunately I took NO pictures of the lighting ceremony or of him being lot period! There is a video, but it'll have to wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment