Sunday Best...with an Easter Twist!

Happy Easter!!  This Sunday started out like no other!  When I went in to get Bellamy, I immediately smelled urine.  Not a good sign.  I got her up and she was soaked from about mid chest to her knees.  It's never been like this!  So I called Drew and told him that we were going to be late for church because our little angel needed a bath!  So in the bath we went!

Shortly after her bath, Drew got home and I decided to let her run around for a few minutes.  She immediately spotted this...
She was so excited!  So I pulled the basket down to where she could reach it and let her have at it!  First she went for the books, which I gladly read to her.



Once she got finished with the books, we busted out the bubbles!  She was really excited for these!  I love her face in the middle picture...it just looks like pure joy!
After I blew as many bubbles as I could and it was time to get ready for church, I got her dressed and loaded her up on the couch with her Easter goodies!  She just couldn't keep her hands off!

I'm finding that it's REALLY hard to get a good "Sunday Best" picture now.  She moves so fast when she walks and she doesn't quiet understand what it means to "stand there and smile", so I have to keep putting her on the couch!  Which is even getting hard because now all she wants to do is climb down.  So here are a couple of our practice shots...

And then finally, my favorite for "Sunday Best"...yes she blends in with the couch, but whatever, we work with what we have!
Once church was over, I raced home so that Bellamy could get somewhat of a nap before we had to leave.  When all was said and done, she got about an hour, then it was time to load up and head out.  She was a trooper though!  When we got up to Tallahassee, she had so much fun playing with her cousins. 

 
After we ate dinner and played for a while, it was time to go hide the eggs.  Beth, Emily, and I stuffed about 100 eggs with some loose coins that were pooled together, as we figured the kids had had enough candy.  100 eggs...where do you even begin to hide 100 eggs?!  Did you get that...100 eggs.  Just wanted to be clear!  Drew and Galen went out to hide the eggs and after you've "hidden" so many and still have a ton to go, you just start to throw them on the ground!  Needless to say though, the kids had a ton of fun!  Bellamy and Samantha didn't care too much for hunting.  Samantha sat on the ground with her eggs and Bellamy would find some, pick them up, then see some more and put those down to get the others!  It was funny!
When she got tired of "hunting", we went over to the slide to play.  While they were hiding the eggs, she ventured over there, so I let her play, then we went back when everybody came outside.  This kid is brave I tell you!  She has no fear!  Which is good, but bad and scary in so many other ways.  Anyway, here is a video of her going down the slide...ON.HER.OWN!
Once all 100 eggs were found, we headed inside to say our goodbyes!  Bellamy had one last round of fun with her cousins...





We hope everyone had a great Easter!  We sure had fun spending time with family on this special holiday.  I am so grateful for a Savior who suffered and died for my sins and atoned for them so that I may receive forgiveness for those sins and be made clean.  He lives!  I hope that in this Easter season "may we declare ourselves to be more fully disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, not in word only and not only in the flush of comfortable times but in deed and in courage and in faith, including when the path is lonely and when our cross is difficult to bear" (Jeffrey R. Holland). 

No comments:

Post a Comment