Party Time

I'm hesitant to write what type of "party" we went to and especially the fact that we took Bellamy, but here goes.  This past Saturday we went to a "Stock the Bar Party" for a friend of Drew's that's getting married in September.  I have never heard of this kind of party, so to be honest, I was very reluctant to go.  But since this was Drew's friend and he wanted to go support him, we loaded up and headed out.

The party took place in Crawfordville at the Turtle Cove, which is the house of one of Drew's former supervisors.  I have to admit, it was very pretty out there, but the mosquitoes quickly reminded me why I HATE being outside after it rains!  Anyway, we got out and Bellamy went straight to exploring!  Bellamy and I met a lot of new people and Drew had fun mingling.  As we were going inside to get something to eat, Bellamy took her first tumble.  Since it had just rained the deck was wet and she fell face first.  It was so sad.  She didn't get hurt, but she sure let everybody know that she fell!

After we got finished eating I took Bellamy outside and let her run around.  She found a chair that she became fascinated with, so I propped her up and took a few pictures!  When she got tired of that, we went back inside and I put her on the swing...where I proceeded to take more pictures!  I absolutely LOVE the picture in the middle!  It's the best one I got of her the whole time we were out there!
When she was finished posing, it was time to go back outside and mingle some more!  She got tired of that really quick, so we took her on a walk to show her some turtles.  It's so cute to hear her say turtle!  It's hard to type it out, but it sounds something like "tur-ta".  Just plain adorable!



As much as she loves turtles, I thought it would be hard for her to put it back!  But she proved us wrong and quickly found something else of interest to her!  And that thing of interest was Drew's cup of water!  She loves to drink out of a cup, even though she hasn't gotten it down yet.  But we let her play, she's got to learn somehow!  So away she went.  Her face was so cute when she pulled away from the cup and she made that "ahh" sound and kind of smacked her lips...too stinkin' cute!
Having missed her afternoon nap, the water was no longer holding her.  She ended up losing her balance on the uneven ground and took ANOTHER spill.  It was so sad and by that point I was done, she was done, and it was time to go!  So we made a Wal-Mart run and then headed home.

When we got home she was still very fussy.  When I tried to take her picture, all she wanted to do was grab at my camera, so I flipped it around and we had a little fun with it.  You can tell I had more fun then she did, but it soothed her, so we ran with it!
Now every time I get my camera out she wants me to turn it around so she can see herself.  It's so funny because she will put her hand in her mouth and then yank it out real fast to see if it does the same thing on the screen!  She is just too much, but boy do we love her to pieces!!

No comments:

Post a Comment