Easter, Take II

Every since we've been married, Drew and I have just alternated holidays.  This works for us in so many ways, mainly that we get to spend more time with one family that day and that we aren't so stuffed that we can't walk for the next week!  Any who, this year we spent Easter with the Vass clan.  However, my family decided that they wanted to do an Easter with Bubbles too, so one was organized and we headed to Bristol.

We decided that since we were eating after lunch, that we would just head over there for church too.  I loved it!  They do Sacrament Meeting first and then the other classes, which is completely opposite from what we do.  Bellamy did so much better in Sacrament!  When there was like 10 minutes left, she started getting a little antsy, but otherwise she did good.  Next we tried to go into Sunday School, but she wasn't having that, so off to nursery we went!  Ms. Cindy was in there, so I stayed with Bellamy and was able just to catch up with her and her family.  It sure was good going back!

After church we went straight to Bubbles' house to get the festivities underway!  Since we didn't get any pictures of us on Easter, we decided to have Meris snap a few.  She didn't do bad, considering she was only working with an iPhone!  So here is our Easter picture from 2012.
When we snapped our picture, we decided to see if Bellamy would cooperate for a little mini session of just her.  She did OK!  I had to do my juggling music over and over, but it was worth it!
Next we headed inside to get changed and warm the food.  Lunch was awesome...but that's nothing new!  After lunch we went out to hide and hunt for eggs.  Here is a group shot of all the participating little kiddos!  Please note this is not a good picture, but it's the only one where everybody is somewhat looking at the camera and acting like they were excited!
5, 4, 3, 2, 1...GO!  And they were off!  The boys went one way and the little kids went the other!  Bellamy found an egg, but she wasn't that excited with it.  She also passed several other eggs, but she didn't want anything to do with those either!  Once we got inside and the kids started opening their eggs, she got hold of a Russell Stover's egg and would not let go!  Needless to say she didn't get any, and I say she had more fun squishing it up anyway!
After all the food, family, and fun, it was time to pack up and head home.  This next part is going to be VERY selfish, but it has to be written for the next few pictures to make sense!  Basically, Drew and I wanted a nap and we knew if Bellamy took a nap on the way home, she wouldn't want to sleep when we got there.  So I was tasked to sit in the back with her and keep her awake.  This is her sleepy picture.
You can see that she is disgusted with me.  Her eyes are red and her fingers are positioned just like she likes them.  But I did my job (I'm disgusted with myself).  By the time we were about half way down 267, she caught a second wind!  I was trying to snap some more pictures of her and she got excited about my phone.  Since I was making her stay awake, I let her have it!


Once we finally made it home, we were all wore slap out!  We got her changed and she fell asleep almost immediately and we weren't far behind her.  We slept for a good hour and a half and then everybody was up and ready to go.  But Bellamy wore down quickly!  Poor little thing was carrying around her blanket (a sure sign of being tired!) and would just lay down on it anywhere she could!
When all was said and done, we had another wonderful Easter!  We enjoyed our time with family and the opportunity to again reflect on the true meaning of Easter, our Savior Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment