For Veteran's Day both Drew and I had the day off, so we loaded up Bellamy and ran to Tallahassee to run a few errands. After running all of our errands we ended up at the North Florida Fair...what a treat! I have always LOVED the fair every since I can remember and so has Drew! I don't really know why, come to think of it. I mean, the rides are literally thrown up over night, the animals usually stink, every item of food there is deep fried in who-knows-what, and it doesn't attract the best of crowds. Yet every year we find ourselves drawn there. So why change that this year, right? I mean, Bellamy is bound to come in contact with this environment sooner or later! May as well be under the watchful eye of her parents!
Once we decided to hit the fair, we wondered how it was going to be. Bellamy missed her morning nap before we left and she only slept like 30 minutes on the ride up to Tallahassee. I began to wonder if we were crazy for doing this. But seriously, you can't miss the North Florida Fair!
Right when we got there, we ran straight for the food! Well, Drew did! He hit up the sausage dog stand, loaded him up a dog and we sat down to eat...Drew with his dog and Bellamy with her cheerios!
After we grabbed a snack, it was time to get-to-gettin'! We started off at the animals. Bellamy completely amazed me! I figured as nice-nasty as I was that she would just be the same way. But no! I think if we had let her, she would be rolling around with the animals!
Next up on the tour was the county exhibits. I don't remember what county did the "Walking In High Cotton" exhibit, but it was by far my favorite! They even had a little set up where you could touch it and even sit and play in it...which is exactly what we did!
After we walked through most of the exhibits, we headed down to the ride area. As I watched people get on the rides, scream their hearts out, then come off laughing, I got a little jealous! How I wish I had a husband who loved to ride rides as much as I do! But that's OK...I mean, what would we do with Bellamy anyway?!
Once we walked around for a while, we decided we'd better head on out! Since Bellamy hadn't had a nap pretty much all day, I didn't know what we would be in for when we got the car. But all my worries were pushed aside because within minutes she was knocked out!





No comments:
Post a Comment