Be Afraid...

Be VERY afraid!  I've debated in my head for a couple of days on whether I was going to post this or not.  Not that it's anything horrible, more so embarrassing and just hurts my pride.  However, maybe somebody will get a good laugh at my expense.  And just to lay it out there...I don't handle animals that well.  I'm OK with dogs, hate cats, love turtles (because I have one and it's in a tank!), despise spiders, and pretty much any animal that crawls around on the ground.

The other night Drew had taken Bellamy outside to throw some rotten veggies in the woods.  I stayed inside and had to change clothes and then start getting her dinner ready.  After they got back inside I walked over to get her food and saw this...
Now I know this looks harmless, and at this point, it did to me too.  So I calmly called Drew over to catch it and put it back outside.  As he was walking over, Bellamy was half way in the kitchen (and still moving full speed ahead) because she saw me walking over to get her food ready...and we all know she doesn't miss a beat when it comes to food!  Anyway, Drew gets up to our corner cabinet where the lizard is resting and goes to grab it...and he misses it.  At this point everything goes into slow motion for me.  I see Bellamy heading straight for the lizard and the lizard straight for her!  All I could see in my head was that Bellamy would be fast enough to catch it and then would automatically put it in her mouth.  So I swoop in, grab her at the waist and start moving back.  Or at least I THOUGHT I was moving back!  Apparently my upper body was moving, but my feet were planted on the ground!  Next thing I know, I've got Bellamy by the arm and we are heading towards the ground.  As all this was going on, Drew was still trying to catch the lizard!  Next thing I know, I land back first into our cabinets and hit my elbow and head on the counter before landing on the ground.  As things return to normal, I jump up, still holding Bellamy by the arm and just cradle her as she screams (she wasn't hurt, just scared at what happened).  I remember Drew asking me if we were OK, but all I wanted to do was get out of there and make sure Bellamy was fine.  So we get to the couch and check her out and she's got no signs of our little tumble, but boy am I paying for it...my elbow feels bruised and my back is killing me! 

After finding out everybody was OK, Drew started making jokes about the lizard.  I didn't find them humorous at all.  After I got out of the shower and was sitting on the couch, I just started laughing.  I felt like such an idiot!  I mean really, I could step on this thing and squash it to death, yet I acted like a fool trying to get away from it! 

Needless to say, I can't WAIT to get out of the woods!  I know there are creepy, crawly things everywhere, but living in the woods is not helping!  Here's hoping that one day we will get out of Wakulla County and live where there is lots of pavement and little woods that invite these things into our immediate surroundings!  A girl can dream, right?!?!

1 comment:

  1. I only wish there was a video to go along with this story...I bet it would've been as funny as somebody falling in the shower!

    ReplyDelete