They just don't understand! As we were leaving Rhett and Leena's, we crossed the railroad tracks and Drew (Mr. Nature himself!) spotted a dead RATTLESNAKE. He stopped the car and put it in reverse to get a better look...or so I thought! The next thing I know, he is looking for something to put it in...as in to take it home...SERIOUS?? So he finds an old Hungry Howies pizza box and puts it in there and goes to put it in the car. I thought we were about to have a knock down drag out...I was determined that he was not going to put that snake in my car, with my baby in the back seat...somebody better get the cops on the phone!!
He proceeds to reassure me that it's dead and that all he really wants is the rattles because allegedly you rarely see a rattlesnake with it's rattles still attached. I don't know. Anyway, so we head back down to Rhett's house to find something that will hack this thing to pieces. While we're there, we grabbed the kids and headed up the road. They all enjoyed seeing the snake and learning about how to be safe around them!
Once we got back down to the house, Helaman asked if he could keep the rattles and Drew said he could if his mom and dad said it was ok. Of course Rhett said it was fine, but I'm sure Leen wasn't too happy (I wouldn't have been either)...sorry Leena!!






I have to say - that is really really gross!
ReplyDelete