Reflecting back, the only thing I do miss about pregnancy is feeling her move. I'll never forget the first time I felt her "kick." Drew and I were sitting on the couch and I was leaning back sideways on the arm and I felt somebody poke me. I sat up straight and asked Drew why he would do that. He looked at me like I was crazy (the first of many times I'd get this look during my pregnancy)! That's when I knew she was real!
We (and by "we" I mean Drew) wanted to take pictures every month so we could see how far we were progressing, but I did not agree to this. I think I let him take one around 20 weeks and the other just three weeks before I delivered. Here is that picture...which I totally can't believe I'm posting!
36 Weeks, Orlando, Florida
Now to the story of the delivery! The Saturday before I delivered, my sisters and I went to Destin and walked the entire outlet malls...I was determined to walk this baby out of me! Then when I got home from work on Monday I remember it being super cold but wanted to go walking again. So Drew and I covered up and went to the park for a walk and we only managed to get in one lap because it was so cold! That night we went to bed and at about 1:15am I had to get up to go to the bathroom, or so I thought! By the time I made it to the end of the bed, I felt a continious flow and realized my water broke! I ran to the bathroom and started yelling for Drew. I called his name about 4 times and then finally ended up yelling, "I'm glad I'm not dying", to which he finally got up and checked on me! We packed up and made it to the hospital by 2:45am and was in a room by about 3:15am. We waited until a semi-holy hour before we called to let everybody know! Kylia and Meris were the first to show up bearing gifts...food for Drew!
As the morning wore on, others came and visited too! They even had a bet going with the nursing staff as to what time the baby would come, with the predictions falling between 9:30 and 10:00, as good as I can remember! And then it finally happened! The family was asked to leave and I was asked to push! At 9:27am, Bellamy Dreher Vass entered the world weighing 6lbs 5oz and 19 inches long!
FINALLLLLLLY! Love the "air brushed" prego pic!! Bellz is a beauty!
ReplyDeleteLove the last picture...looks like those straws are going up A. Marlene's nose!